- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Chilli flakes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 handfuls of cooked kale
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned or any other shredded veggies
- Bonsan Sweet mustard dressing
- Hulled hemp seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 200c, and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Spread out the chopped sweet potato on one sheet, drizzle with half a tbsp of oil and toss until coated. Sprinkle with salt.
3. For the roasted chickpeas drain and rinse the chickpeas then place on a tea towel and pat dry. Transfer to the other baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil and toss until coated. Sprinkle with salt, paprika, garlic powder and chilli flakes.
4. Place both baking trays in the oven for 30 mins to roast. Half way through give them both a gentle shake. When the sweet potatoes are tender and the chickpeas golden, they are ready.
5. Whilst they are roasting, cook the quinoa. Rinse the quinoa in a sift then place in a pan with 1.5cups of water. Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat and cook covered with a lid on for about 13-15 minutes. Drain and fluff up with a fork.
6. To assemble the bowl, add the kale to a large shallow bowl. Add the slightly cooled roasted veggies, along with the quinoa, sliced avo, shredded carrot and any other veggies. Drizzle over Bonsan sweet mustard dressing and sprinkle with hemp seeds.