For the tacos:
120g chickpea flour
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp sea salt
115g finely shredded carrot
6 tsp Bonsan Olive Ghee, melted
For the taco filling:
I pack Bonsan Breakfast Scramble
Pinch of black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Sliced spring onions
To serve: lime, cut into wedges, finely sliced fresh coriander
1. Finely grate the carrot. To make the tacos, mix the chickpea flour, cumin and salt.
2. Slowly add the water and whisk to make a smooth batter. Add the grated carrot and mix well.
3. Place a frying pan on a medium–high heat and add the ghee. Pour 3 tbs of the mixture onto the pan and spread quickly and evenly with the back of a spoon. Starting from the centre, spiral the batter evenly outwards to form a thin circle.
4. After a few minutes, the batter will start to lift up at the sides - quickly turn it over, allow to cook a little longer and then set aside. Test the pancake by folding it in half — if it’s still a bit thick then add more water to the mix.
5. Repeat for the remaining batter and then place the tacos in a warm oven while you make the filling.
6. Gentle fry the breakfast scramble in the ghee until hot. To serve, place the tacos onto a plate and place the scramble and all other fillings along one half. Fold in half to eat as soft tacos. Accompany with fresh lime wedges to squeeze on top and some melted ghee to taste.