1 and 1/2 Teaspoons of Active Dry Yeast
265 ml Water
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1 and 1/2 Teaspoons of Salt
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
390 g All-purpose Flour (Plus more for dusting)
4 Tablespoons of BONSAN vegan Organic Green Pesto
4 Tablespoons of BONSAN vegan Organic Red Pesto
1. Mix the water and yeast in a bowl until the yeast has fully dissolved. Add the sugar and olive oil and mix again. Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a rough dough.
2. Lightly dust a flat surface with some flour and turn out the dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes until smooth and silky. Place back in the bowl which has been coated in a little olive oil. Cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
3. Turn out the risen dough onto a lightly floured surface and knock out all the air. Divide the dough in 2 and roll out each piece into a 9×18 inch rectangle. Cover each half with the pesto (1 piece with red, 1 piece with green) then roll up the dough lengthways.
4. Cut the dough lengthways and lay each piece so that the open side is facing up. Cross over 1 red piece and 1 green piece in the middle and twist keeping the cut pesto side facing up. Once twisted, cut each rope into 4 equal pieces, lay on a baking tray, cover with cling film and allow it to rise for a further 30 minutes.
5. While the pieces are rising for the 2nd time, preheat the oven to 170°C for 15 minutes. Once 30 minutes has passed, remove the cling film and bake the breads for 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating