2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1⁄2 litres + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
240g plain flour
150g Bonsan Mylk Hazelnut Spread
1. Mix together 115g of the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Pour the 1 1⁄2 litres of oil into the large saucepan so that it comes a third of the way up the sides of the pan. Heat the oil to about 180°C, or until a wooden spoon dipped into the oil sizzles around the edges.
3. In the meantime, put the water, the remaining 100g sugar, the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, salt and vanilla extract into the medium saucepan and place on a high heat. Bring this to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
4. Remove from the heat, add the flour and beat until it forms a thick, sticky dough.
5. Spoon the mixture into the piping bag and pipe 6 heart shaped churros onto a lined baking tray.
6. Carefully transfer the churros to the hot oil, ensuring you’re not overcrowding them in the pan. Fry for 8–10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
7. Remove the churros with a slotted spoon and lay on the kitchen paper for 1 minute to drain. While they’re still hot, transfer to the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered. Repeat with the remaining dough.
8. Place the Mylk Hazelnut Spread in a bowl and heat in a microwave for around 30 seconds, stirring half way until you achieve a dippable consistency.
9. Serve with Mylk Hazelnut Spread, dip in and enjoy!