For the dough:
3 tbsp vegan butter
1 sachet of quick yeast
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ tsp salt
3 cups plain flour
For the filling:
Bonsan Mylk Hazelnut Choco Spread
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp coconut sugar
For the icing:
1 cup icing sugar
1-2 tbsp almond milk
1. Heat the almond milk and vegan butter in a pan until warm and melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. It needs to be cool so not to kill the yeast.
2. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and add the yeast, let this activate for 10 minutes, until starting to make bubbles.
3. Then add the sugar and salt and stir together.
4. Next add in the flour, ½ cup at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky.
5. When it is too thick to stir transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a couple of minutes, do not overmix.
6. Clean the mixing bowl out, grease with a little oil and put the dough in the bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to rise for an hour.
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Spread the Bonsan hazelnut spread over the surface and sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut sugar.
8. Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough, and place the seam side down. Then with a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1.5 inch-2-inch rolls and place cut side down into a well-greased 8x8inch square or round sized pan. You should have about 10 rolls
9. Brush with vegan butter and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let it rise for another 30-45 minutes while the oven preheats to 180c
10. Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly before topping with icing.
11. To make the icing, sift the icing flour into a bowl and add a tbsp almond milk, if you want it looser, add more almond milk. Drizzle in zig zags over the rolls.