260g unsweetened desiccated coconut (finely shredded)
60g creamy nut butter
30g melted cocoa butter
45g Bonsan Choco Spread
30g maple syrup
1 pinch sea salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2-3 whole fresh pitted dates, chopped
Cacao nibs & chopped peanuts for topping
Serves: 20 pieces
1. Line a 9x5inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add the coconut to a food processor and mix until creamy or 'butter' or liquidy paste is formed. About 4 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
3. Next, add the nut butter, melted cocoa butter, choco spread, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
4. Lastly, add the chopped dates and mix once more until combined. If the mixture is too thick simply thin with a little more maple syrup or melted cocoa butter.
5. Transfer the mixture to the pan and spread into an even layer. Top with cacao nibs. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm to touch. About 15-30 minutes.
6. Remove from the freezer and cut into 21 even squares. Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month. Best enjoyed at room temperature.