2 tbsp olive oil
50g white onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium green chilli, stem and seeds removed
350ml vegetable stock
1 x 200g pack Bonsan Smoky Jackfruit
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground pepper
1 bay leaf
250g wholegrain rice, cooked
3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
4 sweetcorn cobs
2 avocados, mashed
1 x 400g can black kidney beans
1 bunch coriander, to serve
1 lime, sliced into quarters, to serve
Bonsan Organic Hot & Fiery Chilli Sauce, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Saute the onion, garlic and chilli for about 6 minutes until the onion is soft and brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Partially cover and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the chilli is tender.
3. Transfer the mixture to a blender. Remove the centre-piece of the blender lid to allow steam to escape and secure the lid on the blender. Place a tea towel over the opening and blend until very smooth.
4. Return the chilli sauce to the saucepan and add the jackfruit, chilli powder, salt, pepper and the bay leaf. Bring to a simmer over a medium-high heat.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low, partially cover and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard the bay leaf.
6. To char the sweetcorn, place a frying pan on a medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the sweetcorn cobs and toss them until all sides are charred. Slice the charred sweetcorn off the cob with a knife.
7. Split the cooked rice into 4 bowls. Top each with the jackfruit mixture, charred sweetcorn, chopped plum tomatoes, black kidney beans, and a spoonful of guacamole.
8. Top each bowl with a sprig of coriander, a slice of lime and serve with some hot sauce for an extra kick!