320g vegan puff pastry sheet
450g vine tomatoes
1 (125g) pack Bonsan Organic Almond Crème
½ teaspoon agave nectar (or maple syrup)
½ tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon olive oil (plus extra for brushing the puff pastry)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, plus extra for garnish
1. Remove the puff pastry from the fridge or freezer and set on your kitchen counter to come to room temp. Slice the tomatoes into thick slices and place them in a mesh strainer over a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the tomato slices with salt to release moisture. Check on the tomatoes every 10 minutes or so and pour off liquid that collects in the bowl.
2. Meanwhile, blend the Almond Crème with agave nectar and nutritional yeast and adjust seasonings to taste.
3. Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan-assisted). Place the puff pastry sheet on a lined baking tray.
4. Warm a teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until just golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. 5. Stir in the Almond Crème mixture and sprinkle in a tablespoon of fresh thyme. Remove from heat.
6. Use a rubber spatula to spread the vegan cheese over the puff pastry sheet in an even layer, leaving a border.
7. Remove the tomato slices from the strainer and lightly press them between a few layers of paper towels to absorb any remaining liquid. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the tart.
8. Gently fold the edges of the puff pastry up and over the tomatoes. Brush the puff pastry with olive oil and place the tomato tart in the middle shelf of the oven. Bake until the puff pastry is just starting to turn golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
9. Remove the tomato tarts from the oven and sprinkle with thyme. Cut into square or rectangular pieces and enjoy warm.