2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large sweet potato (cut into 3/4″ cubes)
2 large carrots (sliced)
100g brussels sprouts (halved or quartered)
100g broccoli florets
1/2 large red onion (sliced)
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 lemon (cut into six pieces)
Mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
100g of brown rice
5 oz. spinach (or other leafy green)
Big dollop of BONSAN Courgette Curry Spread
Red Pepper Flakes (to garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Prepare vegetables: peel sweet potatoes and chop into cubes, peel the carrots if needed and half or quarter the brussels sprouts depending on the size.
3. Roast: Place vegetables, chickpeas and lemon in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. Toss with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Roast for 40 – 45 minutes, stirring halfway through. Vegetables should be slightly browned on the edges and fork tender. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
4. Serve: In individual bowls, serve vegetables with rice, handful of leafy greens, sliced avocado and a nice dollop of the Bonsan spread (as an hummus alternative).
5. Top with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes, black pepper and a squeeze of roasted lemons.