500g strong wholemeal bread flour
1.5 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp for roasting vegetables
Bonsan Red pepper & cashew pate
2 courgettes, chopped
2 red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
Handful of pine nuts
100 g rocket
1. Preheat the oven to 180c.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually pour in the oil and 275ml warm water. Bring together and knead for 10 minutes
3. Cut the flatbread dough into 4 and roll out each to a wide circle of about 3-4mm thick.
Heat a wide heavy pan over a medium heat and cook each flatbread for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and puffed up. Keep the raw dough covered whilst you cook them, so they don’t dry out. Keep the flatbreads warm after cooking by covering with a tea towel.
4. Meanwhile, roast the red pepper, courgette and red onion by drizzling with 1 tbsp olive oil in a roasting tray and transfer to the oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. Divide the Bonsan pate between the flatbreads and spread evenly over the top. Top with the roasted veg, pine nuts and rocket and drizzle with extra olive oil.