For the mushroom sauce:
½ teaspoon oil
150g mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 ½ cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion or shallots
½ teaspoon dried herbs such as rosemary and thyme or use 1-2 tablespoons fresh
Small pinch black pepper
60ml vegan white wine
½ teaspoon mustard
120ml non dairy cream
For the steak:
2 Bonsan Organic Kofu Steaks
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until golden (5-8 mins).
2. Add the crushed garlic and onion and cook for a minute. Add the herbs, salt and pepper and mix in.
3. Add the wine and mix in and bring to a boil. Add the mustard and stir.
4. Add non dairy cream and stir in. Bring the sauce to a boil. Taste and adjust flavour. If your sauce is too thick, adjust the consistency with veggie stock. Simmer for about 10 mins.
5. Whilst the sauce is simmering, prepare your Kofu steaks. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the Kofu steaks on both sides until golden brown.
6. Serve steaks immediately with mushroom sauce and mashed potato and tenderstem broccoli or greens of choice.