For the Kofu Fish:
● 2 slices Bonsan Kofu Fishfree Fillet
● 75g all-purpose flour
● 1 tablespoon cornstarch
● 1/2 teaspoon salt
● 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
● 1/2 cup sparkling water
● coconut oil for pan-frying
For the Chips:
● 3 large potatoes
● 2 teaspoons olive oil
● 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
● 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
For the Vegan Tartar Sauce:
● 3 tablespoons of Bonsan Cocomayo
● 1/8 teaspoon mustard
● 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
● 1 teaspoon dill - chopped
● 1 teaspoon capers - drained and finely chopped
● salt to taste
For the Vegan Tartar Sauce
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside in the fridge.
1. Preheat the oven to 480°F / 250°C.
2. Peel the potatoes. Cut them in fries or wedges. Put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Toss in oil and spices. Mix until they are coated well. Spread them around the baking tray so they don't overlap each other. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
1. Cut the two large slices of kofu in half, so you have 4 pieces.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, curry powder, and pepper. Then add the sparkling water and whisk until it’s a smooth batter. You can adjust the consistency, by adding a bit more flour if it’s too runny, or by adding more sparkling water if it’s too thick.
3. Prepare a pan and fill enough coconut oil so that the fish filets can swim in the oil. Make sure to leave enough space in the pan to prevent the oil to boil over.
4. Dip the kofu into the batter, flip until coated on all sides and put it in the hot oil. Pan-fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer the vegan fish on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. Once everything is ready, serve the Kofu Fish (add a squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped dill) with the chips and tartar sauce.