Bonsan Organic Plain Shredded Jackfruit
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons tamari
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon of each: smoked paprika, ground coriander, ground cumin, chili powder
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper
60ml orange juice
Flour or corn tortillas
Bonsan Hot & Fiery Chilli Sauce
1. In a bowl or freezer bag, combine maple syrup, tamari, liquid smoke, and spices, and mix well. Add in Bonsan Plain Jackfruit and marinate for at least two hours or overnight for best flavour.
2. Next, heat oil (or water) in pan and sauté onion and garlic, cooking until fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in finely chopped red bell pepper, then add Bonsan Plain Jackfruit with the marinade and orange juice, and enough vegetable stock to barely cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Break up the Bonsan Plain Jackfruit using a fork or potato masher, reduce heat, and continue to cook on low for another 15 minutes until most liquid is evaporated.
5. Serve on warm tortillas with toppings: coriander, lime juice and sliced red chillies,