1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp coconut oil
400g can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
2 tbsp tomato puree
60g Bonsan Almond Creme with Bell Pepper
30g vegan Parmesan
120g fresh spinach
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender (7-10) minutes. Drain the pasta in a colander.
2. While waiting for the pasta to cook, dice the onion and mince the garlic. Cook both in a large frying pan with the coconut oil over medium-low heat until softened and transparent (about 5 minutes).
3. Add the chopped tomatoes (with juices), oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to the skillet with the onions and garlic. Stir to combine. Add the tomato paste and a 1/2 cup of water to the frying pan and stir until the tomato paste is dissolved into the sauce.
4. Turn the heat down to low. Add the almond creme to the frying pan with the tomato sauce. Use a whisk to stir the sauce until the almond creme has fully melted in and the sauce is creamy. Add half of the vegan parmesan to the frying pan and whisk until it is melted in. Add the remainder of the vegan parmesan and whisk until melted in again.
5. Add the fresh spinach and gently stir it into the sauce until it has wilted (3-5 minutes). Add the pasta and stir until it is well coated in the creamy tomato sauce. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.