350g plain flour
4 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 5 tbsp cold water
375ml dairy free milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
100ml veg oil
4 tbsp Bonsan Choco Spread
5 tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven to 180•c and grease a loaf tin with a little oil.
2. Add flour, cornflour, baking powder, soda, sugar and nutmeg to a large bowl and stir well.
3. In a small dish, mix flaxseed with water to form a gel. Add the flax gel, dairy free milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and veg oil to the bowl and stir briefly to incorporate. Don’t over mix.
4. Spoon the Bonsan Chocospread into a medium mixing bowl. Pour in half of the vanilla batter and stir well. Leave the other half of vanilla batter as is.
5. Using a tablespoon, alternate spoons of batter (chocolate and vanilla) into the loaf pan until all batter is used up. For extra swirls, use a chopstick to swirl the top layer of the cake.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool. Enjoy!