FOR THE MARINARA SAUCE:
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1.5 tbsp tomato puree
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
Handful fresh basil
FOR THE PASTA:
One 250g pack conchiglioni pasta
250g Bonsan Organic Almond Creme Wild Garlic
Handful basil, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Vegan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200-degree celsius and set aside a casserole dish.
2. Cook your pasta shells according to packet instructions, knocking two minutes off cooking time (they will continue cooking in the oven). Drain, then set aside.
3. Make your marinara sauce by heating some oil in a pan. Add the garlic and fry gently, stirring often, for a few minutes. Add in the red pepper and tomato puree and continue to heat for a further few minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. Cook until thickened (around 20 minutes) and slightly reduced.
4. Pour the marinara into a blender, along with the basil, and blend smooth. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the bottom of your casserole dish and set aside.
5. Now spoon the Bonsan Organic Wild Garlic Almond Creme into the pasta shells.
6. Arrange your pasta shells on top of the marinara sauce. Grate over some vegan cheese if using, then cover with foil. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately!